Non absorbable, biocompatible, synthetic membrane made from 100% Polytetrafluoroethylene. Used as a barrier for soft tissue regeneration in regenerative techniques (GTR).
It is indicated for maxillofacial procedures and other medical or dental surgery procedures. The membrane avoids the tissue competition between the connective tissue and the bone, and has the purpose of isolating the bone grafts, thus promoting tissue regeneration. Surgitime PTFE has selective permeability through its porosity, which enables the nutrition of the fibrin framework and simultaneously preventing the passage of bacteria. Considered as a barrier for tissue regeneration, it is indicated for regeneration in Dental procedures. It is indicated for Periodontics and Implantology, especially for reconstruction of tissues such as: extraction site grafting, and large bone defects, where primary closure is not possible or not desired.
Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) membranes or mechanical barriers for Guided Tissue Regeneration (GTR) are used to prevent migration of cells from epithelial and connective tissues, what would cause bone growth inhibition, thus providing a proper space for the formation of a natural fibrin structure, which is the bone tissue precursor. The membrane provides a space between the flap and the bone tissue and its tissue isolating property promotes tissue growth.
- Non-Resorbable, yet easily removed without surgery
- High resistance (weight/resistance ratio)
- No risk of bacterial invasion due to exposure of membrane
- Chemically inert
- High chemical resistance in aggressive environments
- Low inflammability
- Low coefficient of friction
- Low dielectric constant
- Good weathering properties
- No disruption of healing due to resorption process
- 30 x 20 mm – 0,10 mm thickness
- 30 x 20 mm – 0,25 mm thickness