CERASORB® M has an interconnecting, open multi-porosity with micro-, meso- and macropores (5 μm – 500 μm) and an overall porosity of 65 %. The granules are polygonal and irregularly shaped, which enhances intercalation and interlocking in the defect cavity. Micro movements that can delay the healing process are avoided.
Depending on the area of application, CERASORB® M granulate is available in different grain sizes for oral bone surgery: 150 – 500 μm, 500 – 1,000 μm.
- 100% biomimetic, safe, non-organic, bone regeneration material
- 99% phase purity (ICDD reference standard) 2
- Completely and evenly resorbed 1
- The large, highly coarse surface area provides for increased osteoconductivity
- Special open multiporosity allows active, continuous cell supply
- Shortened resorption time; the micro -, meso-, and macropores promote fast healing with the patient’s autologous bone
- Sinus floor elevation
- General grafting
- Defect repair
- Socket and ridge preservation
- Peri-implant defects
- Horizontal and vertical augmentation
- Trisi P, Rao W, Rebaudi A, Fiore P (2003): Histologic Effect of Pure-Phase Beta-Tricalcium Phosphate on Bone Regeneration in Human Artifical Jawbone Defects. The International Journal of Periodontics & Restorative Dentistry, 2003, 23 (1): 69
- ICDD – International Center for Diffraction Data, Pennsylvania, USA